Can maple cabinets be painted white?
If you have Maple Cabinets in your kitchen, you may be asking yourself… Can maple cabinets be painted white?
Maple cabinets look great. They are very sturdy, and their finishes can withstand the wear and tear in a high traffic area. Once a maple cabinet has been finished, it can be very difficult to change it’s color.
Since maple is so dense, trying to change the stain color can be almost impossible. BUT…we can paint them!
Here are natural maple cabinets.
Can Maple cabinets be painted white?
Not only can maple cabinets be painted white, but they can be painted any color you choose. Right now, the most popular color is white. Grey is number 2. So, how do we do it?
- Just like with painting cherry or painting oak cabinets, we have to clean them.
- Once they are cleaned, we will have to sand these doors and get them ready for primer.
- We will then apply a bonding primer to the maple cabinets. So, make sure the paint sticks properly
- Once the primer dries overnight, then we will apply the final paint choice of color.
So, you can pick the color you want, and the finish you want as well. For the finish, there are a few choices: dull, matte, satin or semi gloss.
Here are the maple cabinets being painted white.
Do painted maple cabinets hold up?
As you can read in other blogs posts about painting cabinets, painted cabinets can hold up very well. There are a few things to keep in mind:
- Painted cabinets are just that…paint. Paint does wear. Paint also does not play well with water (more on that later).
- If the cabinets are properly prepared, these painted cabinets will last for several years.
- PLEASE do not wash painted cabinets with water. Use a 50/50 mix with water and vinegar.
- DO NOT leave wet wash cloths, towels, or rags sitting on the top or edges of painted cabinet doors. You will not like the results.
We have been painting cabinets for over 12 years now. In that time, we have had just 2 call backs. One was from a dog that started eating a door. The other was from a sink that broke…water damage everywhere.
What will my kitchen look like while being painted?
We do our best to make sure that the kitchen or cabinets that are being painted are “quarantined” off. We do the following:
- Cover the floors.
- Mask off the cabinets with plastic.
- Use vacuums to eliminate the over-spray and dust.
- Make sure that we work as fast as possible to not inconvenience our customers, so we are in and out as fast as possible.
This is cabinets masked prior to primer
Here are the maple cabinets with primer.
Here is a tent we use to section off – or quarantine – the kitchen.
How much will it cost to paint cabinets?
You can figure about $110.00 per box as a base price. However, the best thing to do is call, text, or email us. We will get a look at your kitchen and give you an accurate cost to paint your cabinets. You can also text us a picture and we will give you a rough estimate based off your photos! We are here to help you love the space you’re in. Let us show you how painting your maple, cherry, or oak cabinets will improve the look, value, and feel of your home.
Revitalize Your Kitchen With Cabinet Painting – D’franco Painting & Wallpaper
Get Your Free Estimate
Our team will provide a free virtual estimate during a time that is convenient for you.Book Today
Refer a Friend
Do you know a friend that is in need of painting, wallpaper or cabinet refinishing? Earn D'franco Dollars for each referralLearn More