Wallpaper in your Bathroom
It is a question and a statement- Wallpaper in your bathroom.
We are asked daily, Can I wallpaper my bathroom? We tell people daily, yes you can wallpaper your bathroom. There are several things to consider when choosing wallpaper for you bathroom. We hope to answer your questions so you can make the decision easier for you.
So, can I have wallpaper in my Bathroom?
Yes, you can (but then again you may not). So what condition is your bathroom in? If you have peeling paint or mold, you may have moisture issues that could prevent a successful wallpaper installation. You may need ventilation if you don’t have it already.
Choosing the right wallpaper is the best reason you will have a successful install. Several factors to consider:
- Grasscloth is one wallpaper that you cannot clean. If the wallpaper is not color fast, (that means the ink doesn’t run) don’t use it in the bathroom.
- Any commercial vinyl is a solid choice for areas with moisture, dampness, or water exposure.
- Wallpaper that is paper holds up pretty well also, but checking the instructions will make sure you are on your way to wallpaper bliss!
Will the wallpaper fall off my walls?
Will it? No. Can it? Yes. That is the honest and and awkward answer. What can cause a faulty installation?
- The walls not being in good condition
- Walls not primed or sealed correctly
- Wrong adhesive being used
- Selected wallpaper not suitable for water or humid exposure.
A successful installation addresses the above issues so there will not be a problem with wallpaper peeling, falling or otherwise coming off the wall.
Have you installed wallpaper in bathrooms before?
Yes we have! Bathroom installations account for 50% of the wallpaper installations we perform. Some are just powder rooms which gives you more options when choosing a wallpaper. Here are the last few we installed:
How much will it cost me?
Aside from if and how, cost is the next biggest question. You can expect at least $480 for us to come out and install wallpaper in your bathroom/powder room.
You will receive:
- Walls sanded as needed for smooth
- Any holes repaired
- All adhesive and primers for the job
- All labor to install the wallpaper
And since we do great work, we ask and hope you will leave us 5 star review on Google so that way more great folk like yourself find us when they search for bathroom wallpaper.
Take action now!
Give us a call or text at (847) 553-1726 with your questions, requests and information so we can set you up with a estimate at no cost.