If you are like most Americans moving into a home, trying to buy new furniture, or trying to replace furniture, you are waiting several months to get furniture for your home. So if you have a great furniture set and are just tired of it, don’t throw it away or sell it. Repaint your furniture!
There are several benefits to repainting your furniture:
- You can select whatever color you want.
- Select whatever hardware you want.
- Have it painted locally.
- Get a brand new look for your home in just a few days!
How to paint your furniture
For us, painting furniture is like painting cabinets. The same process and materials are used for either application. So in a nutshell…
- We start with removing all hardware.
- Then, we move to removing all doors and drawers.
- Once we remove these items then we start the cleaning process.
- After they are clean, we sand them.
- Now, clean them once more.
- Get the primer ready! Start priming.
- The primer, we use white, will show every knick, ding, crack, gap etc. that needs to get fixed.
Now that we have done the initial prep work, filling holes etc., then we re-sand everything and then give it another coat of primer.
What color can you use to repaint your furniture?
Just like painting your cabinets, you can select whatever color you want. These cabinets went from a natural distressed pine to a semi gloss color that we matched to the kitchen cabinets.
The paint we use to paint cabinets is the same we use for furniture. GREAT PAINT! But there are some things to consider:
- Softer woods like pine can be dented easily causing paint to chip (the paint is harder than the wood).
- The paint must be cleaned just like cabinets. (vinegar and water – no harsh chemicals).
- The furniture must be in good order (not falling apart).
- Damaged MDF can be fixed but it can also be most costly to do so.
Are you ready for your furniture to be painted?
Then give us a call or book an estimate on our website. Let us know how we can help!