Should I Paint My Cherry Cabinets?
Maybe you should ask are you ready to paint your Cherry Cabinets?
If you are like many of our customers in the Chicagoland area, such as Elgin, you have a home that has wood cabinets. If you have solid wood cabinets such as cherry and you are not happy with the look and feel of your kitchen… Have been looking at Pinterest, google images, watching HGTV or YouTube videos about painting kitchen cabinets? Are you afraid of making the right decision… then you are not alone. I too have felt this fear and faced these same questions so you are in the right place.
How much will it cost and will it last?
These are the two questions most people are asking when facing the question or problem of kitchen remodeling, but for most people, it is the same answer.
- The cost is based on how many cabinets you have
- The process is proven to last
- We give you a 5-year warranty to put your mind at ease
A common question we are asked is how much does it cost to paint cabinets compared to replacing the cabinets. The cost to replace your cabinets will be 40% more expensive than painting them and with the money, you save you can now upgrade your door hardware, your countertops, your sink, and most likely your appliances to have a new kitchen you want and enjoy.
The other cost is the loss of your kitchen. If you replace your cabinets, think about the fact that everything has to be removed. You will not have appliances. You will have to remove everything from your cabinets and store all that stuff for 2-4 weeks! There are always surprises as you take things out and replace that end up costing more money and time away from the most popular part of your home. If you don’t have a 2nd place in your home to cook-that is a lot of money to but food ready to eat vs cooking In your home.
THE best part is – YOU decide what color you want! You can go to any JC Licht Store in the Chicagoland area, pick ay color you want- you can pick two colors if you wish!!
So, can I paint MY cherry cabinets
YES!! You have just read the inconvenience of replacing your cabinets with new ones. When we paint them, you get to keep to use your kitchen! There may be a few hours in the course of the day we have plastic around your appliances to protect them, but every night you use your kitchen! And since you don’t have doors you can access everything in your kitchen quicker! (that one was meant to bring a smile). Before the details of how there are several questions, you have to be able to honestly answer to know if painting your cabinets is a good solution for you.
- Is there anything wrong with the cabinets you have? Is there any damage? Are there any broken doors? Do they have water damage? If you are saying no to any other these then so far you are on your way to painting your cabinets!
- Do you like the look of a painted cabinet? Some people, my father being one of them, cringes at the sound of painting wood. If you are not sure then take a few hours and go to a home improvement store like Home Depot or Menards and look and touch. Ask yourself if you can see yourself with painted kitchen cabinets.
- If you are still feeling good about the idea then it is time for the next step!
But! There is always a but. There are a few things you need to be aware of if you have never had a kitchen or any cabinets that are painted. Painted cabinets are not like stained wood cabinets. I know you are here because you are asking about cherry cabinets, however, if your cabinets are pine-stained cherry color, this is not for you. Pine cabinets are not good candidates for being painted. But you have solid Cherry! Stained cherry cabinets have a finish that has penetrated the wood fibers themselves to bond into the wood. Paint on a cabinet is given a bonding primer to stick to the surface of the cabinet. Then the paint is put on top of the primer. This is the same in a new factory cabinet or a refinished one like you are thinking about now.
Keep in mind at the end of the day-this is paint. It is a hard shell, it will resist stains, it will be washable, it will look impressive. Paint on wood can chip upon impact and wood doors will not allow you to place wet towels or rags on them and not become damaged. I have to give you those buts up front so you know.
I have painted my cabinets, people but are doing it every day, and I believe it a great way to not just improve the look of your kitchen but change how you feel about the most important room in your home.
It Worked For These People,
And It Will Work For You
Here’s what it did for me… Before I met Daphne and we were married, she had her cabinets painted but didn’t like the color. There was still nothing wrong with the cabinets-they had been painted for 8 years earlier with no problems, except the wrong color. We picked a new color, had some new hardware installed, where there were none before and now we have a kitchen that My Wife loves to look at and loves the feeling she has when we are in it. So I have used the materials, process, and system in my home as well.
Here is one testimonial from a great customer in Elgin, IL about painting cherry cabinets:
What are you getting?
When you hire Dfranco Finishes, you’ll have the peace of mind of …
- You will have employees of Dfranco finishes not subcontractors
- All of our employees have been back round checked
- We are completely insured
- We have a system and process that has been used, improved and refined for over 10 years but we still attend training annually to make sure we provide the best products for your home.
- 5-year guarantee. We will come back on your anniversary every year and give you one hour to do the minor touch-ups that you may need
- We use cabinet grade cabinet paints from ML Campbell. These are time tested and award-winning finishes that will last and meet the demands of the most used room in your house.
It’s Decision Time
You have a choice to make: Keep looking at your cabinets and wonder what if ….(or worse, do nothing at all). You know where that will lead. (to another web search on cherry cabinets, frustrated about the look and feel of your kitchen). Is that really where you want to go? Take a new action, and get a new result. Finally, get that estimate to see how your kitchen can be transformed and you can love the home you live in. Which do you really want for yourself? So here are your next steps:
- Call or text us
- We will ask you for pictures of your kitchen
- We will give you a cost to paint your cabinets within $100-$200. It includes removing hardware, cleaning, painting the outside of the boxes and both sides of the doors. IF the numbers look like you want more information we will make an appointment with you. We will come to your house with a door sample that you can touch and see. We will inspect everything and then give you an accurate quote of the exact cost
- Receive a detailed description of how our process works and give you videos to show you of us in action.
- You receive a list of products we use
- A 5-year warranty is included to put your mind at ease
So, you have asked the Question, and you have read the answers, now you are ready to take action and get a GET A ESTIMATE today!
We look forward to helping you love the home you live in!
Here are some other blog articles on painting cabinets we have for you:
Get a Free Estimate
We would love to hear how we can help you love your home or office.or call us at (847) 553-1726