D’Franco Painting & Wallpaper is happy to be a part of the Paint-It-Forward program!
Paint-It-Forward started out small – a local community charity program that provided free painting services and supplies to deserving families and non-profits. The program was designed to give back to our community and spread a little “Painting Happiness” at the same time.
How Paint-It-Forward Works
We ask our local community to submit names of a family or nonprofit organization who are in need of a painting project. The winner will receive $3,500 worth of free painting services and materials. It’s just one more way we can make an impact in someone’s life.
Nominate a Family or Nonprofit Organization in Need
If you know a person, family or nonprofit organization in need of painting but cannot afford it due to some difficulties they are facing, we invite you to nominate them using the form on this page.
Nominations will be accepted starting February 20, 2020 and close March 16, 2020. Winners will be selected by March 20, 2020 and work will be performed soon after!
2020 Paint-It-Forward Winners
We had 2 locations this year. COVID-19 slowdowns and closures allowed us to work in several locations that asked about getting some help.
- St. Johns Lutheran Church in Elgin, IL. We were able to repair a hallway/stairwell area that had chunks of wall plaster coming off the walls due to water damage, a few doors that had been painted several years ago that needed to be restored, then just painting with a new and brighter color.
- Walcamp in Kingston, IL. This organization is used for youth camping, youth retreats, outdoor family camping, weddings, and almost any other type of family-based event you can think of. They had many needs but we ended up helping with the main lodge and cabin. It had not been re-stained, power washed or the like for too many years and needed the exterior to be stained before water, elements and/or insects started to do damage. So we set to power washing, painting trim, and staining the wood log exterior.
2021 Paint it Forward Recipients
- Betty!! Betty is a Senior member of the Elgin community who makes backpacks for kids at St. Jude, small doll furniture for kids through Operation Christmas Child, makes craft bags for churches so kids have coloring books-activity books-kids bible activity books while at church, as well as helping her local church organize their annual craft bazzar!! Oh yeah and she is 89. So when we heard of her need to repaint parts of her home that had water damge it was a pretty easy decision.
- Walcamp part II! we are heading back to work on another one of their buildings that is in need of power wash and staining.
- Elgin Prgnancy Center. A location that helps with free ultrasounds, new signle moms, and other community assiatance, we answered thier call for the need of the offices and bathrooms to get repainted.