Is wallpaper back? Yes it is…
The simple answer to “is wallpaper back?” is YES! There are many customers that ask this very question. For the past several years, the word “wallpaper” was almost considered a swear word! It has negative connotations for many people. Why?
- There were many dated colors and designs
- It was not installed correctly, making it almost impossible to remove
- The difficulty of installation
So, why is wallpaper making a comeback?
For the same reasons that wallpaper went out of style, it’s the reason that it’s back – DESIGN! Also, the way it has been improved allows for more dramatic designs.
The product itself has improved past the thin vinyl contact paper type that was used in so many homes years ago. Now, wallpapers are being made with 100% paper, fabrics, and the proven reliable commercial vinyl. To make wallpaper more fun, there are digital graphics, often considered digital murals. What started out as fat heads, has grown to floral prints, landscaping, and custom designed images such as company logos.
With better preparation materials (primers) the removal of wallpaper has become increasingly easier as well. This leads to the fear of removal being a thing of the past.
Where is it being used?
The better question is where do you want your wallpaper? In the past few years, we have been installing wallpaper on almost every surface in homes and business’.
- On ceilings
- Installing on accent walls
- Bathroom wallpaper installations
- Entire room installations
- Commercial wallpaper installations
It comes down to your budget as well as imagination. In Chicago, the local JC Licht stores have some amazing designers to help you find wallpaper perfect for your style and budget.
How much does it cost to install wallpaper?
The short answer is – it depends. There are several factors when it comes to wallpaper installation. Some of these include:
- Size of the room
- The type of wallcovering
- The room it’s being installed in (the more obstructions the more time it takes)
- Is there any wall repairs etc. to make?
You can read some of our past blog posts on wallpaper installation cost as well:
- How Much Does It Cost to Install Wallpaper in the Chicago Area?
- How much does it cost to wallpaper a room?
- How much does it cost to wallpaper a ceiling?
We can give a range of costs, but you can expect to pay at least $350.00 and it will go up from there.
So, what do you do if you want wallpaper in your home?
There are a few easy steps you need to take:
- Decide where you want it
- Decide what wallpaper you want
- Contact D’franco Painting & Wallpaper! Call us at 847-553-1726 for an estimate. Or you can email us at email@example.com
You will get a written estimate of the cost to install your wallpaper selection. Then, we will give you a timeframe of how long it will take to install and when we can install it for you.