Sometimes a subject has so many parts, a vague title is best, such as today’s blog
Where do we begin? Commercial Wallpaper Installation begins with knowing what you want. I am assuming that you already know what commercial wallpaper is. (you can read more about what commercial wallpaper is here) Commercial wallpaper can be used to serve many different sectors of public and private spaces including:
- Convention centers
- Apartment complexes
- Medical buildings
- Shared work spaces
- Residential locations
Within Commercial Wallpaper Installation, there are also several types of applications or styles of wallcoverings such as:
- Type I,II, III non patterned commercial wallpaper
- Commercial grasscloth
- Non pattern wallcovering
- Pattern wallcovering
- Metallic textures
- Commercial wallpaper murals
- Digital graphics
For the purpose of this blog, I just wanted to get some basics of commercial wallpaper, such as where to buy it, what your walls need to look like, how to find or hire a wallcovering installer, and what to expect to pay for it to be installed.
Where to buy Commercial Wallpaper
As we serve the greater Chicagoland area, we are very fortunate as to where we can not just purchase but where and how we can buy commercial wallpaper. You can do a quick search for places to buy in your area which will take you to places such as:
- JC licht
- Sherwin Williams
- Interior Designers
- The Merchandise Mart in Chicago
- The Arlington Design Center
In any of these locations they have sample books that you can look at to review color, styles, etc. to find what you are looking for. Most of these locations can also order you samples of the designs you like that are delivered to your home for you to stick to your wall and how you like them.
What walls should look like before you apply wallpaper
When we are applying wallpaper to a wall we inspect those walls to make sure it is in good order. What does that mean?
- There are no nail pops in the wall
- The walls are not dirty
- Any previous wallpaper is removed and there is no wallpaper adhesive on the walls
- Make sure any cracks are filled and repaired
- If there is paint on the wall that is is solid – adhered to the walls with no bubbles or peeling areas
- The walls are flat! You can watch this video to see what the walls should look like
The above items are not something that you can shrug off or say maybe too. They are musts.
How to hire a Wallpaper installer
We did a few things to help with this question.
- finding a wallpaper installer near me blog
- here is a podcast we did on what to ask when hiring a wallpaper installer
These were two ways we have tried to help. Keep in mind that right now the wallpaper trade is very short on installers and demand is very high. We tell customers a 2-3 week wait is normal.
So how much does it cost to install wallpaper?
So the 1st thing- you can read our blog post about this. It was done a few years ago, but still relevant.
There are many factors that go into estimating cost to install wallpaper, some of them are:
- the type of wallpaper
- how big the room is
- how much wall prep is needed
- the number of hours it will take to install it
the best thing to do is have the following information and call to ask:
- the pattern of the paper you have
- be able to text pics of the room
- if you have wall dimensions to send over
With the above information it makes it easier to get a cost to install wallpaper.
So how can we help you with your commercial wallpaper installation? Let us know how we can help you love the space you’re in!
Get a Free Estimate
We would love to hear how we can help you love your home or office.or call us at (847) 553-1726