So you have oak cabinets, eh?
If you have a home that was built in the last 20 years you most likely have traditional wood cabinets. You have painted everything else in your home. You may have even replaced your countertops in your kitchen, but you still have traditional wood stained cabinets. Am I right so far?
You may be asking, “Should I replace these cabinets or paint them?” I am sure that if you are asking this question then you have seen images on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest on painted cabinets. Odds are you have someone you know that has already painted their kitchen cabinets. Now you would like to know:
Do I have to look at these oak cabinets any more?
I am here to tell you that you do not. Kitchen remodels can cost over $20,000.00! Why so much? Factor in :
- New cabinets
- New hardware
- Floor repair or replacements
- New sink (s)
- New faucets
- New countertops
- Wall repairs
- Back splash
These all add up to a lot of money and a lot of time that you will not have access to your kitchen. You can go that route.
Or you can be like Blake and Courtney that decided to have their Oak Cabinets Painted. Why?
- Painting cabinets is 1/3 or less of the cost to replace cabinets
- It could be done in 3 days (time varies depending on size of kitchen)
- They never lost the use of their kitchen!
But Can My Cabinets Be Painted and Look Good?
Let’s start with a simple yes. It is not much different than painted trim in homes. I did say much.
There are some things to keep in mind when choosing to paint your cabinets and especially oak cabinets. Some people like the good news first some like the bad. Let’s start with the top 3 negative comments or concerns:
- You are painting wood- wood can be dented, where wood dents-paint chips.
- Painted cabinets are not ment to be waterproof. If you hand a wet towel on a painted wooden door- there will be damage to the door.
- Oak cabinets have heavy grain. You will never get rid of all the grain you see in the wood doors- but it sure can be made smooth and beautiful!
That is the bad news. Now, let’s turn that frown upside down and tell you why you can have your cabinets painted and love that kitchen all over again:
- All wood can be painted and will last years when it is done correctly
- (all of our refinishers have been trained with methods from cabinet makers and cabinet paint manufactures)
- You can select any color you want
- The paint we use is the same paint as you would get if buying new cabinets-it is ment to last
- You get a one year touch up with us- we come back in 12 months and perform any needed touch ups.
- Not good enough- we warranty the labor 5 full years!
- With the money you dont spend with new cabinets you can now buy new hardware, maybe appliances, or sink/faucet/counter tops.
Listen How Other People Have Transformed Their Kitchen by Painting Their Cabinets
I can talk or type all day of benefits, longevity, how you will feeel or like the process. I painted the cabinets in my home, you can ask for pics at any time. But here is one of our customers”
You can always listen to the other testimonials as well… here
Here is a Video on one of our cabinet painting projects:
You can also read a previous Blog we did on painting cabinets here:
So after you read and see those videos you can have a great looking kitchen like this one!
Let’s find out how we can help you love your kitchen again!
We will make this easy for you.
- Take pictures of your cabinets
- Text those pics to 847-553-1726
- We’ll give you a cost with in $100-$200.
- If you give us your full name, address, and email, we will send you a written estimate that includes our step-by-step process that guarantees great results!